Worship Pastor - Job Description
The position of “Worship Pastor” is a full-time position. This position is pastoral in nature. Therefore, the man who fulfills this role must first and foremost meet the qualifications outlined in the scriptures concerning Elders/Overseers/Pastors. These qualifications are outlined clearly in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
The corporate worship gathering at Southridge Baptist Church is vital in our disciple-making process as we seek to be obedient to the Great Commission. Selecting songs, leading the worship team, and leading our congregation in worship is pastoral work. In the corporate gathering at Southridge we are instructing our flock on what it means to Worship God Passionately. Therefore, the “Worship Pastor” will be expected to lead our church to “sing the Word” meaning that we will sing songs profoundly rooted in the truth of scripture highlighting God’s grand plan of redemption: The Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Criteria and Character:
- Meet the qualifications for Pastors/Elders/Overseers as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Be a growing and maturing disciple of Jesus, practicing spiritual disciplines of personal
Bible study, prayer, stewardship of time and money, Spirit-filled living, worship (both private and public) and regular witnessing about Christ to people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve on the Pastoral team with other Pastors to feed, lead, know, and protect the flock of God entrusted to us at Southridge.
- Support and actively participate in the total church life and cooperate with all church leaders in accomplishing the mission of the church.
- Participate in community and Concord Baptist associational events.
- Serve on Worship/Proclamation Team and Leadership Council. Service on other Teams and Committees will be coordinated with the Lead Pastor.
- Fulfill other pastoral duties, including pastoral visits, baptisms, counseling, weddings, funerals, preaching, etc.
- Provide pastoral oversight, in cooperation with the Pastoral Team, for the overall worship ministry of the church. This includes selection of worship songs, order of services, and other elements of the corporate worship gathering.
- Work with the appropriate church teams and committees to prepare and recommend an annual budget for the worship ministry to be presented to the Finance Committee.
- Lead the congregation, vocalists, and instrumentalists in the worship service toward passionate worship of our God and Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Seek to develop vocal and instrumental talent of individuals and groups as a means of equipping our church to grow as worshippers.
- Be responsible for the upkeep of all church owned musical instruments and for the upkeep and enlargement of the music library.
- Coordinate vocal teams, instrumentalists, and necessary technology for passionate worship in our Sunday worship services.
- Provide technical oversight and support of computer/multimedia equipment necessary for worship services. This includes overseeing our Tech Team that oversees livestream, sound, and worship slides on Sunday mornings.
- Provide musical, worship, and technical oversight to other events as needed (weddings, funerals, and special events).