Are you a Next Generation Pastor ready to Make Disciples here @ First then there, as we Gather, Grow and Go as Family in Bethalto and the world?
First Baptist is prayerfully seeking a Next Generation Pastor to lead our babies to high school students in our church and community. First Baptist Church is a congregation of 250+ located in the metro-east suburbs of St. Louis in Bethalto, IL. Currently our town has a population of ten thousand people, of those ten thousand people 75-80 percent do not have a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. Our church is currently moving to a new contemporary feel as we are a church on the move with a new vision and mission to reach the 75-80 percent lost in Bethalto and the world.
- A man of God that meets the qualifications for the office of a Pastor as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9.
- A man of God that upholds and agrees to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- A man of God that’s involved with our kids, students, families, local schools and community.
- A Shepherd who provides care, protection, encouragement and discipleship for our Next Generation in our church and community.
- A man of God that’s fun, energetic, outgoing and gospel-footed.
- A man of God who is a Proven Leader and Proven Gatherer.
- A man of God that has completed a Bachelor’s degree (Seminary Degree preferred).
- A man of God with 3-5 years pastoral experience.
I. Student Ministry (Primary Focus)
- Oversee our Elevate Student Ministry (sixth grade to high school students)
- Develop and Lead a Weekly student program for the Students and Community.
- Plan, promote and lead students to yearly student camp.
- Work with student ministry teams and volunteers towards Gathering students to a saving relationship with Christ and Growing them as a disciple to Go make more disciples.
- Plan and lead student activities both for fellowship and missions.
- Visit Students: at their homes, at school, hospitals and at sporting events.
- Develop and maintain relationships in our local school districts.
II. Children’s Ministry
- Oversee our Seeds and Sprouts Ministry in our church (babies to fifth grade).
- Evaluate our current children’s programs and determine, develop, and provide leadership for a program/programs to help focus on teaching our Sprouts and Seeds Ministry about the importance of a saving relationship with Christ and growing them as a disciple to Go make more disciples.
- Provide training and counseling to families in our Next Generation Department.
Salary: $45,000 to $48,000 plus benefits.
After prayerfully seeking the Lord, if you know God is calling you to apply for our Next Generation Pastor position, please send the three following items to email@example.com by June 7th, 2021.
- A cover letter with picture of you/your family
- Resume with three references
- A link to a sermon/teaching time