Principle Function: To lead the church in becoming mature followers of Jesus who lead others to become mature followers of Jesus.
- Provide guidance, encouragement, direction, instruction, and leadership to the entire Sunday School
- Promote the growth of Sunday School through administering an effective Sunday School outreach program.
- Direct and promote periodic teachers' meetings.
- Evaluate space needs for future growth.?
- Discover, write, or modify student and teacher material on an as needed basis for special church-wide emphasis.
- Lead, encourage, and provide vision to the creation and continual implementation
of d-groups throughout our church.
- Provided encouragement and direction to new believers within the church.
- Teach and provide vision and administration support to our Wednesday night classes.
- Provide administration support and leadership to our Men's Ministry and Women's Ministry.
- Provide counseling and encouragement to individuals with benevolence requests.?
- Perform pre-marital counseling.
- Serve as staff representative to the following teams: Trustees, Nominating, and Library.
- Attend staff meetings and church council meetings.
- Assist the staff in making hospital and in-home visits as needed.
- Provide guidance and leadership to our New Members class (Next Steps)
- Preach on an as needed basis (approximately 4-6 times a year)
- Spend at least one week a year on mission outside of Franklin County.
- Maintain a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Maintain proper priorities at home with your family providing appropriate personal time for physical, mental, and spiritual health.
- Lead adults to be involved in all aspects of church life.
- Love Immanuel in word and deed and support the pastor.
- Other duties as assigned by the lead pastor.
Immanuel is located in Benton, Illinois but has multiple members from surrounding towns in southern Illinois. Franklin County is a rural county of 40,000 individuals filled with farms, coalmines, and good-hearted people. Benton is a friendly community filled with pride about their high school sports. Our community is quite economically diverse.
Immanuel is a church that desires to Live Love: to God, to others, and to the nations. Our church is active in partnerships in our county by loving the local schools, inmates at the Franklin County jail, residents at assisted living, and much more. Our church frequently hosts Block Parties, VBS, Drive-In Movie Nights, Christmas Events, Serve Saturdays and strives for ways to live love to our community. Over the past 5 years, we have planted a church in the St. Louis area and in the Indianapolis area. We take frequent mission trips to Kenya and Uganda, Puerto Rico, Baptist Children’s Home of Illinois and to assist church plants.
Immanuel has a sweet unity and loves its pastors. We continue to see multiple individuals saved and baptized every year and individuals called out of our church to the ministry. During the pandemic, we have had over 200 individuals involved in a discipleship group. Our desire is to see our members and every new believer to be engaged in a discipleship group. We desire to help our members become mature followers of Christ who help others become mature followers of Christ.