First Baptist Church of Bethalto is seeking a visionary leader for the Senior Pastor position that will help us accomplish the goal of reaching our community with the Gospel, and helping our congregation grow as followers of Jesus. The church seeks to be a community of disciples that produces followers of Christ that know and follow Jesus; are being changed by Jesus; and are committed to the cause of Jesus. FBC Bethalto is an elder-led congregation of 250+ located in a metro-east suburb of St. Louis.
- The Senior Pastor shall serve, as called by God, to lead in the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- He will serve as God’s shepherd, feeding the flock with the truth of God’s Word and caring for the church body. He will serve as an elder of the church.
- He will lead the congregation, church staff and ministry organizations to accomplish the church’s vision & values.
- He will give supervision, oversight, and leadership to the church staff and ministry leaders according to the church organizational structure.
- Other duties as outlined in the specific job description.
- A committed Christian, who values integrity, practices prayer, displays discernment, and regularly and personally studies God’s Word.
- Good marriage and family relationships.
- Team player that has experience working with and delegating to staff.
- Vibrant leadership, clear vision, ability to preach, and regularly sharing his faith.
- Support and have a working knowledge of biblical counseling and generational discipleship.
- Uphold and agree to the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message.
- Completed Master’s degree (or higher) from a Southern Baptist Seminary.
- Preferably 5+ years pastoral experience.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be taking resumes through May 31, 2020.