The Minister of Children and Families provides leadership and overall management and direction for the Children’s ministry at Bethany Church (infant – 5th grade). Bethany Church offers full children’s programming for services on Sunday mornings, currently averaging 60-75 children, as well as Wednesday mid-week ministries (averaging 25-40 children), and other special events and summer camps. The Minister of Children and Families is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children. The Minister of Children and Families is responsible for the implementation of ministry guidelines and training for assisting families in the spiritual formation of children, including those with learning disabilities and related ministry challenges. The Minister of Children and Families is responsible for development and implementation of outreach opportunities to families in the community (not a part of Bethany Church) with a view to grow the church and her ministries.
The current annual budget for the ministry is $7,000-$10,000.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPECTATIONS:
- Previous experience demonstrating the spiritual gift of leadership
- Reliable, able to take initiative, and self-motivated
- Able to work with other church staff, including a “can-do,” team oriented mindset
- Possessing a call to leading children to know Jesus Christ
- A passion for children’s ministry in the local church context
- A passion to see families grow in their faith together
- BA or BS degree required; divinity degree desirable
- A personal history of involvement and leadership in the local church
- Able to work with others, including laity and staff from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- $40,000 - $70,000
- As experience dictates, higher salary amounts will be made available
BETHANY CHURCH - ELLICOTT CITY CAMPUS
Bethany Church EC is a Southern Baptist congregation located on the Baltimore/Washington DC corridor www.yourbethanyec.org. The community we serve is culturally and ethnically diverse, economically mixed, and often overwhelmed by the fast-paced, over-committed, life-styles of two-earner families. The families in our community expect high-quality programming, adequate and secure facilities, and capable, educated, ministerial staff.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume, along with a cover letter addressed to “Search Committee”, care of email@example.com