The Lead Pastor will be a key in growing our ministry today and for years to come.
His primary objectives will be:
- To teach,train, and equip the church body for ministry using the Bible as the ultimate authority.
- To be mission-minded; locally, statewide, nationally and internationally.
- To embrace our God-given vision and provide the leadership and direction to implement and see it accomplished.
- Be accountable to church council.
Core Responsibilities and duties:
He is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the Biblical revelation, engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life, and to act as the chief administrator of the paid staff.
- Plan and conduct the worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances.
- Teach with proficiency and theological depth without compromising the Word.
- Through obedience to the Scriptures, model a life that is surrendered to preaching and teaching God's Word.
- Be a shepherd who leads, guides, and protects the church body
- Conduct counseling sessions, visit members and prospects, perform wedding ceremonies, and conduct funerals.
- Lead by example through Biblical servanthood.
- Have a passion to develop church members into leaders and release them to do the ministry.
- Have a mindset and a desire for church-planning
- Work with deacons, church officers, and ministry team leaders they perform their assigned respinsibilities; train and lead the Deacons in a program of family ministries.
- Act as a moderator of church business meetings.
- Operate in accordance with an annual ministry plan (clear goals/programs/calendar/budget).
- Create clear performance measures for all reporting staff and provide annual feedback on personal, professional, and ministry development.
- Cooperate with associational and state leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of developments and represent the church in civic matters.
- Fully surrendered to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Is Spirit-led
- Puts God first through daily devotions and prayer
- Has a humble, teachable spirit
- Delights in obedience to God
- Puts family second only to God
- Leads family well
- Demonstrates a life of genuine compassion through outreach and building relationships
- Has a Biblical worldview
- Places a high priority on fulfilling the Great Commission with focus on outreach and evangelism
Our Vision: To give Hope to the Community with the Love of Jesus Christ.
New Hope Baptist Church culture:
At New Hope we think church should be a place where you can walk through the doors and feel like you've come home. We are a Baptist church, in cooperation with the Southern Baptist Convention. Our church is located in a midsize rural community. The Sterling/Rock Falls area is in need of the true hope of Jesus. Many individuals and families are caught in a culture of hopelessness, poverty, addictions, depressions and lonliness with very little motivation or help to change. Others have tried to be religious only to be disappointed in shallow, hopeless rituals. Our vision is to give hope to the community with the love of Jesus Christ. We are a growing church of 70+.
We have a blended worship style, singing relevent, God focused songs. At New Hope, God's Word is taught in a practical, easy to apply way. We have multiple ministries that serve on Sunday mornings to assist in the overall success of the worship service. We have a hospitality team that consists of ushers and greeters. We have quality, trained nursery workers to ensure that safety of children's birth - 3 years of age and an educational children's ministry that helps children 4 years - 5th grade learn God's truths.
We have small groups and a fellowship ministry that help us to develop close bonds by being open and transparent with each other. We also have a Missions and Outreach Team that offers resources that provide opportunities to engage in local, statewide, national, and international missions. At New Hope we believe the true meaning of church is more than just "doing church". It is meeting people where they are and living life together.
Over the years, God has faithfully led New Hope Baptist Church (NHBC) through peaks and valleys to become the church we are today. We are confident of Gods leading and directing as we hire a new Lead Pastor to seek and follow God's vision for NHBC until Christ returns.
The Pastor that we believe would fit our needs would have 5-15 years of experience with a Bible college degree or equivalent.
If you are in agreement with our Southern Baptist beliefs (2000 Baptist Faith & Message) and are interested in becoming part of a growing church family; Please send your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to: New Hope Baptist Church, Como
Attn: Pastor Search Team
25059 Como Rd
Sterling, Il 61081
Or you can visit our facebook page or our website at: newhopecomo.org
We are looking forward to receiving and reviewing your resume!