SENIOR PASTOR POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
First Baptist Church – Waterloo, Illinois
ABOUT FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH: First Baptist church is a Southern Baptist church with a weekly average attendance of 140 people, located in Waterloo, Illinois (population of 11,000, located Southeast of St. Louis, MO approximately 20 miles). We offer Sunday morning small group classes followed by a worship service that blends modern music with traditional, and messages designed to apply the Bible to your daily life. Our children and youth programs work to ensure the future generation stability in Jesus Christ. At First Baptist Church Waterloo, there is a place for everyone.
REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate will have seminary training with a preferred Master of Divinity AND preferred experience of at least five years as a Pastor in a Southern Baptist Church. All candidates must affirm the Baptist Faith and Message from 2000.
RESPONSIBILITIES: First Baptist Church Waterloo Pastor Search Committee invites applications for a permanent full-time senior pastor position. The successful candidate will assume a range of responsibilities in the following areas:
- Leadership – Senior Pastor shall:
- Lead ministry team and church to carry out specific functions of the church.
- Lead congregations in planning, conducting and evaluating of all the church ministries.
- Lead Deacons to accomplish their responsibilities as leaders and caregivers.
- Lead in planning worship services.
- Lead in observing the ordinances of the church…Communion and Baptism.
- Communicating – Senior Pastor shall:
- Deliver sermons which are biblically based.
- Encourage congregation in personal evangelism and witnessing.
- Encourage congregation in ministering to the needs of members and non-members.
- Disciple congregation through Bible study.
- Promotes the church’s Mission and Vision to Church and community
- Utilizes various forms of electronic medium
- Pastoral Care – Senior Pastor shall:
- Extend care to individuals or families through one on one contact.
- Visit hospital/homebound members, prospective members and inactive members.
- Provide counseling for those experiencing crisis, spiritual needs, anxiety, confusion, doubt, grieving, premarital and any other needs.
- Perform marriage ceremonies and officiate funerals.
- Administrative – Senior Pastor shall:
- Demonstrate the skill set and ability to effectively manage administrative duties in the church
SALARY: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS INCLUDE:
- A letter of application detailing how the candidate meets the above required and preferred qualifications.
- Current resume.
- The names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three current professional references.
Applications will be accepted electronically by email at: email@example.com or by mail to: Pastor Search Team C/O FBC Waterloo, 320 Covington Drive, Waterloo, IL 62298
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS December 31, 2020. Review of applications will begin January 4, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.