Associate Pastor to Students

First Baptist Church of Machesney Park | Machesney Park, IL

Posted Date 7/13/2020
Description

The Associate Pastor of Students will help us create greater continuity between the ministries to children, teens, and college-aged. 90% of the role will be spent in direct oversight of our youth ministry which includes 30-40 students, small group leaders, and a healthy discipleship culture. The other 10% will be spent in coaching and oversight of our lay ministry leaders for children's ministry and our young adult, college-aged ministry.
Watch this video for more details from our pastor: https://www.dropbox.com/s/izzd2vdek9wj1tx/Student%20Minister.MOV?dl=0

  1. Allot 90% of time towards the youth ministry and 10% for the oversight of the children and young adult ministries.
  2. Lead the Youth Ministry of the Church to function in order to achieve its mission of leading students to Christ and thereafter discipling them to:
    a. proclaim the gospel,
    b. care for one another, other believers, and all persons in the community, and
    c. develop leadership skills in the Church.
  3. Serve on the Leadership Council.
  4. Cooperate with other church ministries and workgroups as needed.
  5. Supervise the Student Ministry of the Church and report appropriate information to proper workgroups.
  6. Lead in planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating the Student Ministry and enlist workers to assist in student activities including, but not limited to, youth fundraising events and mission opportunities.
  7. Manage the Youth Ministry and the Student Minister’s personal social media presence to always reflect Christ.
  8. Recommend and advise in the selection of all curriculum and Student Ministry teachers.
  9. Manage and update minor students’ information and release forms.
  10. Represent the Church in a Christ-like manner at civic, community, and denominational functions.
  11. Shall be a member of the Church and participate in its activities

Qualifications

1. Formal or volunteer leadership experience related to the Student Minister’s principal functions are necessary.
2. Must be able to maintain confidentiality, be dependable, and be responsible in leading students.
3. Shall support the denominational agencies with which the Church is in cooperation, and represent the essential beliefs of the Southern Baptist Convention and the Church.
4. Shall possess a positive Christian faith and witness, and shall conduct himself in a Christian manner according to scriptural guidelines.
5. Shall be able to understand and communicate with various types of persons.
6. Shall be spiritually sensitive and committed to Christ and the Church.
7. Shall have a desire to serve Christ and love people.

Salary30000.00 Annual
Category
Youth
Status
Full-Time
Highest Level of Education Required
High School
Minimum Experience in Years
0-5

Share this job