Are you a Next Generation Pastor ready to Make Disciples Here @ First then there as we Gather, Grow and Go as Family in Bethalto and the world? First Baptist is prayerfully seeking a Next Generation Pastor to lead our babies to high school students in our church and community. First Baptist Church is an elder-led congregation of 250+ located in the metro-east suburbs of St. Louis. Our growing multigenerational church is located in Bethalto, IL which has a population of ten thousand people of which 75-80 percent do not have a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. Our church is moving to a new contemporary feel, new vision and new mission and we are becoming a church on the move in our community and our world.
We are seeking applicants with the following qualifications that can fulfill the job description responsibilities
- A man of God that meets the qualifications/character for the office of a Pastor as described in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, Ephesians 6:4, 1 Peter 5, Ephesians 4:12.
- A man of God that will uphold and agree to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- A man of God that will be involved with our kids, students, families, local schools and community.
- A Shepherd who will provide care, protection, encouragement and discipleship for our Next Generation in our church and community.
- A man of God who is fun, energetic, and gospel-footed
- A man of God who is a Proven Leader, Disciple-Maker, Gatherer, Administrator and Connector
- A man of God who has completed a Bachelor’s Degree (Seminary Degree preferred).
- A man of God with 3-5 years pastoral experience.
- Student Ministry (work seventy-five percent of time)
- Oversee our Elevate Student Ministry (sixth grade to high school students)
- Develop and Lead a Weekly student program for the Students and Community.
- Plan, promote and lead students to yearly student camp.
- Work with student ministry teams and volunteers towards Gathering students to a saving relationship with Christ and Growing them as a disciple to Go make more disciples.
- Plan and lead student activities both for fellowship and missions.
- Visit Students: at their homes, at school, hospitals and at sporting events.
- Develop and maintain relationships in our local school districts.
- Children’s Ministry (work twenty-five percent of time)
- Oversee our Seeds and Sprout Ministry in our church (babies to fifth grade).
- Evaluate our current children’s programs and determine, develop, and provide leadership for a program/programs to help focus on teaching our Sprout and Seeds Ministry about the importance of a saving relationship with Christ and growing them as a disciple to Go make more disciples.
- Plan and lead children’s activities periodically.
- Provide training and counseling to families in our church
- Other Responsibilities:
- Participate in the visitation/evangelism program of the church.
- Develop and train adult workers to minister to the youth and children.
- Attend staff meetings and Elder meetings.
- Spend at least one week a year on mission outside of Madison County.
- Maintain a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Maintain proper priorities at home with your family providing appropriate personal time for physical, mental, and spiritual health.
- Lead children, youth, parents, and other adults to be involved in all aspects of church life.
- Love our First Family in word and deed and support the pastor.
- Other duties as assigned by the pastor.
$45,000-$48,000 with benefits.
After prayerfully seeking the Lord, if you know God is calling you to apply for our Next Generation Pastor position, please send the three following items to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 24, 2021.
- A cover letter with picture of you/your family
- Resume with three references
- A link to a sermon/teaching time