Compensation: TBD. Salary and/or Two Bedroom Parsonage available.
Hours: Minimum 4 hours per week.
Reports to: Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church
MINISTRY DESCRIPTION The primary focus will be on leading the church in worshiping God on Sunday morning, including all the behind the scenes work that goes into an effective worship service. Must affirm Calvary Baptist Church’s Doctrine and Ministry Guidelines.
MAIN FUNCTION Oversee the worship team as it leads the church in corporate worship.
MINISTRY RELATIONSHIPS: Pastor & Staff, Worship Team, and Audio/Visual Team.
- Worship - Lead and organize Sunday morning worship service each week consisting of a blend of hymns and theologically faithful contemporary music.
- Long-Term Service Planning - Play an active role in long-term service planning to provide consistency in the overall musical worship of the church.
- Worship Team – Work with pastor to recruit, develop, and rotate members of the team on a regular basis.
- Worship Practice - Lead worship practice on Wednesday evening and on Sunday morning before service.
- Create a weekly song list that complements the theme of the message whenever possible and email the list to the Pastor and church secretary no later than Tuesday night.
- Other Duties – to be agreed upon before hire based on interests, ability, and time commitment.
QUALIFICATIONS Some Bible College or Seminary and/or equivalent experience leading a Worship team. Must know the Bible and be comfortable leading songs and playing at least one instrument (preferably guitar) in front of an audience. Must join Calvary Baptist Church.
Skills: Adequate instrument & vocal skills, good knowledge of Scripture & worship music, basic computer skills, able to coordinate efficiently, able to work independently & be a self-starter.