FBC Albion Pastor Job Posting
The First Missionary Baptist Church of Albion, Illinois, is prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor. Currently, we are working with our interim pastor as we are preparing for the next man of God that God has for us. Our previous pastor of almost 25 years felt led and answered the call to pursue a new area on ministry.
QUALIFICATIONS for PASTOR:
- I Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:5-9
- I Corinthians 9:16 Call
- Believe, support, & teach the Baptist Faith & Message 2000
- Member of SBC or Great Commission Baptist Church
PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
The pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the Biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life, and to act as the chief administrator of the paid staff.
- Plan and conduct the worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances.
- Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community.
- Visit members and prospects.
- Conduct counseling sessions; perform wedding ceremonies; conduct funerals.
- Serve as chairman of the Church Council to lead in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the total church program.
- Work with deacons, church officers, and committees as they perform their assigned responsibilities; train and lead the deacons in a program of family ministries.
- Cooperate with associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of denominational development; represent the church in civic matters.
- Serve as chief administrator of the paid church staff; supervise the work of assigned paid staff workers.
- 90-104 attend Sunday morning Sunday School
- 90-120 attend Sunday morning worship
- 30-45 attend Sunday night evening worship
- ~50-70 attend Wednesday Night activities: Adult Discipleship Training, Youth Group, Girls in Action, Royal Ambassadors, & Missions Friends
- The church building is located in Albion, Illinois, which is a small rural town of 2,000 people in southeastern Illinois.
The qualified pastor candidate will be responsible to God and the church to proclaim the Gospel Jesus Christ, teach the Bible, provide Christian leadership in all areas of the church, and to engage in pastoral care for the congregation. The applicant must be a licensed and ordained Baptist minister of the Gospel. Also, this individual must be a teacher and preacher led by the Holy Spirit and able to develop and deliver biblically sound, Spirit-filled sermons and teachings. Compensation will be reflective of experience and education.
Please, submit and e-mail your resume for consideration by October 31, 2020 to FBC.Alb.Pastor.Search@GMAIL.com
If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail: FBC.Alb.Pastor.Search@GMAIL.com or call Bill K. (the chairman of the Pastor Search Committee) at 618-599-9204